Friday, January 6, 2012

Holiday Dresses

Over a year ago I found a cream and black holiday dress for my youngest daughter at a second hand store that I paid $3.50 for. That same year I bought some taffeta cream and black material. Of course, it sat in my fabric stash.
This year the store bought dress still fit. Clearly, I got lucky.

So I went to the fabric store and bought some black velour and got to work. My middle daughter went together like a charm. But coming to the older daughter's, it appears waiting a year means you would have need more fabric then the year before. Heaven forbid, kids grow.

I just barley made it with making a single skirt. Having to compromise I used very thin and the tiniest elastic roll over, and was only able to hem it once.
Luckily I had plenty of velour, obviously I bought that considering this years current sizes. With that I made a tank and shrug. Once on you cannot tell I had to scrimp for enough fabric. But it all worked out.




No comments:

Post a Comment