Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Fabric Dolls Fabric Turned Into Magnetic Sets

>Many of you have been doing the paper dolls set to magnetic fun. I was thrilled to find this fabric at my local quilt shop and decided this was going to be fun.

It is Aunt Lindy's Paper Dolls
Dolls and Clothes multi Pattern


First I cut out around each piece. I did not cut them exact. That will be done once set to the magnetic strips. Once cut apart I placed on the magnetic rolls (purchased at Michaels). Press down very firm to make sure there are no bubbles. I then began to trim each piece more exact.



I took me forever to figure out how to get them on some sort of metal backing as a play board. I went to hardware stores thinking that the metal back splashes would work, or even a dry erase board. All I found seemed not right or too pricey. Then I had a "DUH" moment. I could not believe I didn't think of it first. In fact I feel kinda silly that it took me so long to realize that a cheap cookie sheet was exactly what I was looking for. I got mine at walmart for 89 cents a piece.

This is how they turned out. My girls love them and the tray is perfect for playing and traveling with. This was such a fun project. I could even do it while hanging on the couch with my family on movie night.



There is one step I did not do. I didn't find that mine were lifting at all (even after lots of little hands playing with them) but if you wanted to, Modge Podge-ing it would be a good addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment