Friday, May 18, 2012

PlayDough

I love making homemade playdough. I love that I can make it with the kids and they enjoy the project. I love how long the playdough lasts and how well it works.


Here is what you will need, most of which you should have already in the kitchen
1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Warm Water
2 Tsp Cream of Tarter
1 Tsp Oil
1/4 Cup Salt
Food Coloring

First you mix all the ingredients (not food coloring) into a medium saucepan.
Stir mixture on medium heat until it becomes smooth.


This will take about 2 minutes. Once smooth remove from heat.

Once the mixture is cooled, begin kneading until it gets smooth, then form into a nice shaped ball.
From there split into 4 even triangles.




Now it is time to add the food coloring and have fun!
Move through dough until you are happy with the color turn out.




I did not wear gloves........
I suggest YOU DO!


However, for some wonderful reason, once they are all soaked in color wise, I have never ever had coloring get on the kids hands, so that's a good note that the color malfunctions are saved only for making.

Place in containers and PLAY!





No comments:

Post a Comment