Monday, January 3, 2011

Chicken Minestrone

So far I am doing pretty well with this cooking thing. I made homemade Chicken Minestrone soup tonight. My kids are not soup eaters so I made it more "thick" by adding more noodles, but at least they all ate it, and actually liked it.

Here is what I did. I added all the ingredients to the pot and cooked for 20-25 minutes until done.
2 cans of Italian tomatoes (undrained)
2 cups water
3 cups noodles
3 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
1 package of Italian dressing powder mix
and a frozen bag of summer veggies (zucchini, ect)
...added some parm cheese before serving.

I also served a huge Italian bread loaf.

It must have been good because not only did Samantha constantly hum, "yumm, yumm, yumm" between bites, she also proceeded to lick her plate! Id call that a successful dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment