Thursday, February 9, 2012

Snicker/Apple Salad

Snickers Salad
I got this Snickers Salad recipe from my friend Lisa last summer... the first time I made it, people confused it with the potato salad and were surprised to find that it was a sweet dish. Once they figured out that it was a dessert, they loved it. Snickers Salad is one of those recipes that EVERYONE asks me to make when we attend a summer gathering. Snickers Salad is one of my dad's favorite dishes and he actually requests that I make this in place of fruit salad at holiday meals.... crowd pleaser. I have made Snickers Salad MANY times.
Ingredients:
1 large tub of Cool Whip, thawed
1 large package of vanilla instant pudding
1 cup of milk
6 snickers bars, cut in bite size pieces (those popables work well too) or 3 super size snickers bars
3 medium size Granny Smith apples or other tart apple, cut up into small chunks

Directions:


  1. In a large bowl, combine milk and pudding, then mix in the cool whip. Add the Snickers and then the apples.
  2. Note: Cut the apples after you have mixed the other ingredients so that they aren't brown when you add them. I have also tossed them with a little bit of lemon juice and it keeps them from going brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment